OLLI Hikers - Alms House, Hills and Forests
A visit to San Francisco's beloved Laguna Honda Hospital Campus. Vigorous hike through the Tower Market Miraloma District, to the NW face of Mt. Davidson. An energetic hike through the Edgehill area to the stark Hawk Hill. Returning through the incredible Forest Hills District.
Hike combines both paved and trail surface, moderately steep.
It is recommended to watch the short video available at this link http://lagunahonda.org/Tours.
Mike will still lead the Hike this Friday regardless of the weather. He will also have lunch and do the Laguna Honda tour for those who have signed up. He will also lead the same hike on Monday, January 23 at the same time and place. There is no rain expected on Monday. Thank you Mike!!!
2pm Laguna Honda (New) Hospital Tour
Those who want to join a tour of the new hospital can come with the hike leader to the cafe, eat and relax between the hike and the tour.
*NOTE: Tour requires registering your name by calling 415-759-3383 or using link http://lagunahonda.org/Tours.
- tours do not go into the historic campus, which is currently under reconstruction
- tours do go through the new hospital --which is exceptional, but may not interest some in our group
- tours provide a thorough presentation of the exceptional nursing and social work ongoing
- Please be understanding some practical security measure by the SF Sheriff's Dept
- This is an operating hospital with very dedicated nursing, understandably protective of their patients