World Affairs Discussion Group - Wed 3/16, 1pm
The topic is Politics.
A couple of ideas to get us started:
1. What are the main issues in this election and where does each candidate stand on these issues?
2. If you were to take the role of a Republican, who would you vote for and why?
3. If you were to take the role of a Democrat, who would you vote for and why?
4. What's really at stake in this election?
And a few areas of significance to the discussion topic:
1. General Election Turnout Rates- see table. Why do you think there is such a difference between the states? Why the low turnout rate for the United States?
2. Voter Turnout - see document. Discuss the major points made in this document. Does it have any relationship with the current election?
3. The Effect of Voter Turnout on Political Polarization - see document. Discuss your understanding of political polarization. does it have a relationship with the current election? If so, how?
I also recommend Michael Moore's new documentary, "Where to Invade Next", now playing in your local theatres.