Brown Bag Presentation - Rebuilding the San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge - 2/3 1pm
Join OLLI member and Construction Manager Mike Daly at the SFSU Holloway campus for an interactive multimedia presentiation and discussion narrating:
- The San Francisco Terminus -- Redesigns and New Constructions
- Retrofitting the West Suspension Spans -- Seismic Strengthening
- Yerba Buena Island Retrofits -- Improve Access and Traffic Flow
- The Self Anchored Span -- Incredible Bridgebuilding Accomplishment
- The East Bay Skyway
- The Oakland Touchdown
- Removal of the 1936 Bridge
Mike was directly involved with portions of the project, and can give a thorough but non-technical presentation. There will be ample time for questions and answers.
Click here for a flyer. See you there!